No announcement yet.

Ichimoku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to add a "+1" to this request. Ichimoku is a nice tool and it will be great to have it native. The current version (from share site) is usable, but has some issues like no time shifting into future, and it will be good to have a clean and functional study.

Comment

Unable to edit past post. Yes, it does time shift. The issue was with the multiple versions of the script posted in this thread. The latest one works great.

It will still be nice to have it as a in-built study.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko71 View Post
        Hi folks,

Impatient as I am, I couldn't wait for someone to come up with yet another version of the Ichimoku, so I extended the one given by eSignal to provide the extended bit on the chart. It should be alright for the moment.

I coded it very quickly and late at night so please check to make sure it works alright

Any feedback is most welcome

Thanks

Max
        Max/gekko71 . . . not sure if you're still around but came upon your Ichimoku.efs which is fantastic thank you . . . one question: is it possible to add an option to have the cloud a choice of solid colours rather than vertical lines . . . . a cosmetic option I grant you and I have tried to adapt your script but this addition is beyond my skills unfortunately.

Thanking you or anyone reading this for some inspiration as to how to implement this addition.

Regards,
        Tiktok

Comment

Try:

ichimoku-forward_w_bkgd_color.efs

Just modify the menu item "Ichimoku Kumo Style" as needed. It defaults to "Solid Line".

Wayne
          Last edited by waynecd; 11-01-2013, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waynecd View Post
            Try:

[ATTACH]16550[/ATTACH]

Just modify the menu item "Ichimoku Kumo Style" as needed. It defaults to "Solid Line".

Wayne
            Almost perfect Wayne and many thanks for your troubles but when choosing "coloured Background" the cloud reverts to one colour from two regardless of Senkou Span A above or below Span B . . . revert back to "Solid Line" and the two different cloud colours re-appear.

Really am grateful for your time Wayne and if it's a difficult one to overcome, then I shall just get used to the vertical lines :-)

Best regards,
            Tiktok

Comment

then try:

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color.efs

Wayne

Comment

then try:

[ATTACH]16551[/ATTACH]

Wayne
                I'm very impressed with your efs skills Wayne . . . you've done a great job and cracked it . . . thank you very much and I'm sure many others who come across this thread will be delighted with the extra option too.

Now all we need are the appropriate ichimoku "alerts" scripted . . . just kidding but I'm surprised that eSignal have not included ichimoku in their arsenal of indicators.

Have a great weekend . . . thank you very much and best wishes to you.

Tiktok (Peter)

Comment

Yw.

Wayne

Comment

Use this instead,

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color.efs

Wayne

Comment

Use this instead,

[ATTACH]16553[/ATTACH]

Wayne
                      Wayne . . .

Have swapped as suggested with your new version . . . . Ichimoku is a tremendous boon as far as my methodology is concerned and your help is much appreciated . . . thank you once again. It's a shame I'm hopeless at scripting EFS and even though I've read all the lessons, I just have to acknowledge that I am only able to do the occasional tweak to existing formulas and that's about it. Is there any possibility to add the common Ichimoku "set ups" as alerts or is this a massive job . . . I'm seriously interested to know if it's possible and to get it done somehow if it is.

All the best,
                      Tiktok

Comment

Tiktok ...

If you are looking to automate your system to trade in a real account consider a professional programmer.
                        Serious testing and a real programmer are really important.
                        A couple I've heard good things about are:

Wayne
                        Last edited by waynecd; 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Tiktok...

I had some free time and decided to code the signals you requested in your PM into the ichimoku efs using signals reference: http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html

I'll leave the testing and accuracy check to you.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals.efs

Wayne
                          Last edited by waynecd; 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Tiktok...

I had some free time and decided to code the signals you requested in your PM into the ichimoku efs using signals reference: http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html

I'll leave the testing and accuracy check to you.

[ATTACH]16558[/ATTACH]

Wayne
                            Wayne . . .

That's an enormous amount of work you have done there . . . don't know what to say or how to thank you other than THANK YOU !!

All loaded and my screens are awash with signals . . . am reading your script in conjunction with my charts to fully understand what is what (ie strong, neutral, weak) . . . and to filter as best I can which signal is more appropriate across the different time frames and instruments (I'm FX mostly).

This is going to take some time . . . not every signal will be appropriate as with all rules based strategies and I will have to be disciplined in its implementation.

Once I've fully understood everything, I'll demo it for a couple of weeks . . . tweak what I can, or feel I need to in terms of graphics and get back to you with my results and findings.

You've done a fantastic job . . . given your time freely for which I and others will surely be grateful if they at all interested in ichimoku.

All the best . . . I'll be in touch.
                            Tiktok

Comment

Yw.

Wayne

Comment

. . . am reading your script in conjunction with my charts to fully understand what is what (ie strong, neutral, weak) . . .
                                Just in case, note my comment in the post with the study:
                                . . .code the signals ...into the ichimoku efs using signals reference: http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html.
                                So to help with the "strong, neutral, weak" refer to the link I used for criteria to identify the signals found HERE.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                                X