Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Intraday Charts in 6.0.2

I am not getting any intraday stock charts in 6.0.2 a/o 9:20 AM EDT. 6.0.3.1324 is fine. What's up with 6.0.2? I do not remember seeing this behavior before.

Comment

• Intraday charts back in 6.0.2.0

Well, I just tried 6.0.2.0 again and all the intrady charts are back. They certainly were not there on multiple starts of the application prior to RTH. Has there been a lot of change going on with server side configurations or software lately?

Comment

• User ID & PW 6.02

10:32 EST, 6.02 is not recognizing my user ID and PW. Yes I double checked and yes I was case sensitive.

Comment

• Have you tried clearing the TEMP folder inside of the QCharts installation folder? Sometimes deleting the contents of that folder can correct this.

Comment

• ID and PW

I went to account maintanance and it appears they stopped my automatic renewel for some reason. I'll be on the phone with them asap in the morning. TY for your thoughts.
            Mark

Comment

• QCharts 6.0.2 started at 7am this morning. Currently (10:08am), $COMPQ showing +47.19 and $NDX showing +27.87 Neither of which is correct. Diw and other indexes seem closer at -119 or so...

What time of day do these values correct? My Cleardown is set to Never clear fields and exclude from cleardown includes indices, options, mutual funds.

Thanks,
              Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

• Wow, sorry for the HUGE image! I just changed screen capture software and apparently haven't configured it correctly!

Tom

Comment

• Can Not Run 6.#

I have been running QC5 for about a year and half and have had little or no problems. A little over a year ago I had a cmputer built that I use for running QChart only. I have not even loaded any of the Microsoft Office applications on this computer. There is no e-mail on this computer. Again, the only thing I run is QCharts.

My Computer Setup:
                  Intel Core (TM)2 QUAD CPU
                  Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
                  2.39 GHz 3.24 GB or Ram
                  Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3
                  I have 5 19" ViewSonic Monitors
                  I have 2 Matrox Video Cards
                  I access the internet through RoadRunner Turbo and my Download Speed is usually between 18,000 and 21,000 kbps

Two weeks ago I decided to "upgrade" to QC 6. I have not been able to get QC 6 to run hardly at all. Most of the time QC 6 locks up and I must shut the program down and restart. Rarely can I go longer than 10 minutes without QC 6 Locking up. I am running the same workspace on QC 6 that I was running on QC 5. I am a Gary Williams student so I have about 120 Symbols in my baskets and have 8 Charts on the screens at all times.

When my QC 6 locks up it is not because my CPU is pegged. In fact the CPU monitor rarely gets above 10%

This morning I was measuring 20,899 kbps using Speakeasy speed test and I could not even get QC 6 to populate the symbol boxes with current data and the charts did not all populate. My CPU Meter was only show 4-6% usage.

I switched back to QCharts 5 at about 9:40 this morning and at 11:47 as I write this I have had no problems. I have not had to re-boot and am getting data updates as I should.

When I try to run QCharts 6 I cannot go 30 minutes without re-booting when I am having a good day. Most days I find myself re-booting every 5 to 10 minutes.

Is there anything you can think of that I might change or check on my computer to solve this problem?

I have tried everything I can think of in the last 2 weeks and I just cannot make QC 6 run.

I know others are running QC 6 and I know they are having problems, but I don't think they are as bad as the problems I am having. With the computer setup I have I should not have to go through this PAIN.

Thanks for your thoughts and possible solutions.

Ken

Comment

• Hi Ken,

That is interesting. I have the same OS, processor and RAM (but only 4 monitors and one matrox quad card.) I probably run a workspace similar to yours as I am also a student. My workspace at present uses 358 symbols (according to the status bar) 34 of which are option symbols for an index and 12 futures symbols. I use QFAI with QCharts (QFAI is great but I don't think that would help your present problem.)

I don't have problems with QC6 anymore... for the most part. It just generally runs during market hours with the occasional pause now and again. I am running 6.0.2 and I run it alongside Outlook, Firefox and other applications. I had similar problems trying to run a beta version back in March. I am not sure how I fixed it but one thing I did was to modify the processor affinity property which controls which processor core is available to an application.

Try this: while QC6 is running, bring up Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and find QCharts.exe on the list of Processes. Right click QCharts.exe and select Set Affinity. Make sure all four processors are ticked. While you are in there, repeat this for winros.exe (QCharts 6x data manager.) Not sure if winros needs all four but it can't hurt.

I would also recommend (as Jay did back in March), that you download Process Explorer which is a free utility from Microsoft.

Lastly, check out Bill's website for many tips and info... if you haven't already done so!

All the best,
                    Tom

Comment

• OIH Daily/Weekly charts need correction.

Thanks,
                      Carol
                      Attached Files

Comment

• AMNZ decimal issue

Amazon is up 50 bucks on quote sheets and snapshot bar.

Looks like a decimal issue.

http://skitch.com/nall/amgw/amzn-up50

Comment

• CNBC reports that there were erroneous trades on GOOG going into the close.

The correct closing price is $400.52, not $341, as displayed. Also, trades below $400 and the zero trades are incorrect as well.

Please correct.
                          Thanks,
                          Carol
                          Last edited by ckelly; 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Charts are getting kind of whacky.

This on cc02, cc03, cc13, & cc18.

Please correct. Thanks.
                            Carol
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ckelly; 10-01-2008, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• AAPL is showing a spike to a low of 21.70 on my daily and weekly charts.

QCharts 6.0.2...

Comment

• Tom, thank you for your thoughtful input.

Unfortunately I have still not solved my problem with QC6. I did download and install the Windows Process Explorer. By watching the "System Information" window I can verify that I rarely (ussually only at the initial open) did I ever go past 27% of total CPU usage.

By looking down the list of things running that show up as using my CPU, I find the following:
                                Process Explorer 0.39
                                QCharts 6 8.59
                                Interrupts 0.38
                                DPCs 0.39
                                winros /esignal data manager 0.39

Nothing else is running on my computer.

Over the course of this week I have been able to keep QC6 running an average 4.5 minutes per without having to shut it down because I get a "not responding" notification. This is without even trying to move from one symbol to another. I have tried having a Symbol Basket keep the windows focus and I have tried having the charts keep the windows focus. Neither seems to make a difference. Each moring this week I have fought with QC6 until 10:30 easter and then I swithc back to QC5 so I can actually try to trade. My QC5 will run the rest of the day without a problem.

When I bring up QC6 sometimes it does not even fill the data in the baskets. Sometimes it fills the data in baskets and updates the data from somewhere between 4 and 6 minutes and then just stops. During this time I have not touched the computer, not pressed a single key or made a single mouse click. It just stops and I get the BIG FAT HOUR GLASS which means it has stopped working.

I had another person tell me that he started having problems with QC6 when he installed the windows XP Service Pack 3. So last night I did a restore back to before I had installed the Service Pack 3. Unfortunately I did not see a change this morning.

I have been and still do use the QFAI. What setting are you using on QFAI?? Perhaps I have something there wrong. Howeve I run QC5 using the same QFAI settings.

I have never had such a frustrating problem with a piece of software. I just can't figure out what is going wrong

One last piece of information. Using the SPEAKEASY speed test software my download speed is 20,517 kbps today. It is not a internet connection or download speed issue.

Again, any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken
                                __________________________________________________ __

Originally posted by tradertom
                                Hi Ken,

That is interesting. I have the same OS, processor and RAM (but only 4 monitors and one matrox quad card.) I probably run a workspace similar to yours as I am also a student. My workspace at present uses 358 symbols (according to the status bar) 34 of which are option symbols for an index and 12 futures symbols. I use QFAI with QCharts (QFAI is great but I don't think that would help your present problem.)

I don't have problems with QC6 anymore... for the most part. It just generally runs during market hours with the occasional pause now and again. I am running 6.0.2 and I run it alongside Outlook, Firefox and other applications. I had similar problems trying to run a beta version back in March. I am not sure how I fixed it but one thing I did was to modify the processor affinity property which controls which processor core is available to an application.

Try this: while QC6 is running, bring up Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and find QCharts.exe on the list of Processes. Right click QCharts.exe and select Set Affinity. Make sure all four processors are ticked. While you are in there, repeat this for winros.exe (QCharts 6x data manager.) Not sure if winros needs all four but it can't hurt.

I would also recommend (as Jay did back in March), that you download Process Explorer which is a free utility from Microsoft.

Lastly, check out Bill's website for many tips and info... if you haven't already done so!

All the best,
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X