Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPWR changed ticker symbol to SPWRA. Can we get them stitched?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

• Since it has been nearly a month since I posted the question below, would someone at QCharts care to dignify my question with an actual response? It would be the professional and courteous thing to do.

Brian Schultz

Can I Expect a Fix Anytime Soon? - Posted: 09-05-2008 08:15 AM Report | IP: Logged

bpschultz

Are there any plans in the immediate future to fix the problems with the repeated zero ("0") ticks in the GC and SI futures as described in my post on 9/3/08?

I would appreciate an answer from QCharts management so that I can plan accordingly. Thank you.

Comment

• Setting Affinity

Tom,

I forgot to put in my response yesterday that I did go out and check the Affinity settings and all 4 of my processors were checked for QCharts, QFAI and winros.

Once again this morning QChart 6 will not run for more than 4 or 5 minutes. I have switched back to QCharts 5 for the trading day.

The strange thing (for me at least) is that QCharts 6 will run just fine when it is running, meaning that the data updates are fast. The for no apparent reason I can find it just stops updating the data.

I see no difference when I use QFAI and when I don't use QFAI.

I have noticed that it takes QChart 6 much longer to log in the the continum server.

I created a workspace with 1 chart and a Basket with 1 symbol in it and QCharts 6 stopped working in less than 5 minutes.

My Download speed this morning it 19,912 kbps.

My Power Settigng are
        Turn Monitor off - Never
        Turn Hard disks off - Never
        System Standby - Never
        Hibernate - NOT Enabled

Again, when I switch back to QC5 my charts run all day long without me having to re-boot or re-start QCharts.

My computer does not like something that is going on in QC 6, but I am out of ideas as to what to check next.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRutherford
          SPWR changed ticker symbol to SPWRA. Can we get them stitched?

Thanks

Jim
          If you don't want to wait, add the following to your CompSyms.znf

_SPWR ; NASDAQ:_SPWR ; SUNPOWER CORP ; NASDAQ:SPWR ; NASDAQ: SPWR
          _SPWRA ; NASDAQ:_SPWRA ; SUNPOWER CORP ; NASDAQ:SPWRA ; NASDAQ: SPWRA
          SPWRA ; NASDAQ:SPWRA ; SUNPOWER CORP ; NASDAQ:SPWRA ; DT(#NASDAQ:SPWRA|09/30/2008|-) DT(#NASDAQ:SPWR|-|09/30/2008)

The _SPWR and _SPWRA give you access to the original symbols. The last line stitches the 2 togther. Use all or none as your needs indicate.
          Eric Boehm

Comment

• Can we fix NASDAQ:GOOG 09/30

NASDAQ 'corrected' bad trades at the close on 09/30 for Google. Can we get the data in QCharts fixed?
            Eric Boehm

Comment

• QA is working to fix the bad spikes on GOOG.

Comment

• Still Cannot Run QC 6.X

While I have no problem QCharts 5, I can not get QChart 6 to run for more than 5 or 6 minutes.

I have 3 posts below that describe what I have done to try to get this to work.

The problem is not a CPU issue (see my screen capture from Process Explorer). As you can seen I was very low on my CPU Usage Graph.

I am open to input as to what I can try next to get QC 6 to run.

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

• GYY and GI8Y - No Data

Hi,
                  For Qcharts 5.1 the indexes GYY and GI8Y stopped painting candles on 10/1/08. Were these part of the futures exchanges that were removed from 5.1?

Thanks
                  Steve

Comment

• SPWRA Intraday vs Daily

SPWRA is not painting intraday bars prior to the conversion from SPWR on Sept 30. Daily and Weekly charts are painting full charts. I know that I can manually stitch them together but with the difference between the intraday and Daily charts, I am wondering if it would even help.

Thanks,
                    Tom

Comment

• Slowing or freezing

QC6.02 works fine most of the time. But at times of high volumes it just freezes up for minutes or crashes. This is exactly when I do not want a problem. 5 charts, 250 symbols, and it's not the CPU.
                      Mark

Comment

• Re: SPWRA Intraday vs Daily

Howdy Tom,

The sym change you mention is now in the 5.1 merge file, but I assume you're referring to 6.0.X....yes?
                        Actually, in 6.0 we can't use the stitching mechanism that we have in 5.1, namely the CompSyms file. It's not used by 6.0.X.

The eSignal servers used by 6.0 have the Daily bars stitched on the servers. As I understand it, it's no big deal to stitch Daily bars in the event they miss a situation and users request a stitch. However it's eSignal policy to not stitch intraday data as a matter of course. They can do it, but it's a big deal and only done if there is significant user demand and the stock is important. Note: Thanks Alex and Jay for reminding me regarding policy.

However, as I type I'm musing whether or not 6.X could indeed use CompSyms to do merges just like 5.1. After all 6.X does use the 5.1 CorpActs splits file to split-adjust intraday data. This is an improvement over the eSignal product which does not split-adjust intraday data. [Edit...I've just been informed that the new 10.2 version now has intraday data split adjusted. Thanks Alex !!]

Jay, if you're reading this, any feedback on the possibility of using CompSyms file in 6.X to merge intraday data?

LAM
                        Originally posted by tradertom
                        SPWRA is not painting intraday bars prior to the conversion from SPWR on Sept 30. Daily and Weekly charts are painting full charts. I know that I can manually stitch them together but with the difference between the intraday and Daily charts, I am wondering if it would even help.

Thanks,
                        Tom

Comment

• Jay,

I like to trade SPWR - now SPWRA - as well. Please stitch together the symbols on the Intraday charts so we can trade it.

thanks,
                          Carol

Comment

• Cruzer Micro Drive

I would like some feedback from a techy person.

As you know from my previous posts I have been finding it impossible to run QC6 on my main trading computer.

The Question I have for you techy people has to do with the 8GB Cruzer Micro Drive that I have QFAI, QC5 and QC6 installed on. This is one of the new Cruzer Drives that support Vista (which is on my laptop).

I run QC5 just fine, but can't get QC6 to on my desktop (which is XP Pro) for more than 5 or 6 minutes. However, I can run QC6 just fine on my laptop.

Finally I am to my first question.

Does running QC6 from a Cruzer drive on a Vista computer change anything that would prevent me from running QC6 on an XP Pro machine? Keep in mind I can run QC5 on both machines just fine from the same Cruzer.

Is there anyone that succefully runs QC6 on XP Pro from a Cruzer drive?

Yesterday (Tuesday) I downloaded and installed QC6 directly on my computer instead of running QC6 from the Cruzer. However, when I opened my Workspace I used the workspace stored on the Cruzer. QC6 performed all day without locking up and so far today (11:01 AM EST) it has worked just fine.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Ken

Comment

• DOG shows a huge negative spike on 9/19. Can this be fixed please?

Comment

• UBB in 6.0.2 showing a high on 10/8/08 of 104.73 on Daily and Weekly charts. Intraday showing high of 75.58.

Please correct.

Thanks,
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X