No announcement yet.

Trading eminis with cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not see that much difference with the filter although but I only experimented with a range of 1-3%. The windowing functions however can change the calculation significantly.

Basically as I have left the windowing at 'none' as I trust Chris when he states that he did a lot of testing when he selected his defaults. Hopefully he will jump in when he has the chance and explain the pros and cons of each option.

Honestly, it took me a few weeks to get used to how the cyclepack works. There was some difficulty and confusion until I started to recognize which chart patterns produced the best projections. Now I just click once and get on with trading but it took some time.

Regardless, I think that this particular thread is a great idea and I hope more people get involved to share ideas.

Alex

Comment

These are my 2 models, the red/white is using the Welch function and the blue/purple is is 0 persistency filter. The top is 5 and bottom 2 minute time frames.Both charts were anchored at the highs today. If anyone highly caffeinated like me then the 2 minute shows some good turns, especially when both models used together come to a turn.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is todays Pesavento maps, look in the top left corner, that is the update time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wave59's 9-5 count. On choppy days like these this countdown formula works best.
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting the DOW cycles show a high this week, then down hard into mid-Sept
            Attached Files
            Last edited by theplumber; 08-17-2004, 06:12 PM.

Comment

2 possibilities
              Attached Files

Comment

This possible cyclical mirror image inversion actually fits with the second model below with the 1024 data window. If it is an inversion (vs just a simple ending of the mirror image after 1 1/2 years) then look out below next week, that's when it reverses.
                Attached Files

Comment

Still have more downside
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just got back from here http://www.acteva.com//booking.cfm?bevaID=69158
                    and this guy was one of the speakers, and runs this website
                    http://www.tradeplotter.com/index.asp
                    Attached Files

Comment

experimenting with the difference of tick charts vs time for the cycles.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by theplumber
                        experimenting with the difference of tick charts vs time for the cycles.
                        Wondered if it would work with tick charts, which are time independent, but it was a no go at this station. Make sense, cycles are time dependent, duh

Comment

Interesting the weekly and daily charts conflict. I've posted the weekly before and it hit the bottom Aug 14 but the daily had a rise and then flush in Sept. The cycles look compelling for both time frames and all models, don't want to inject any of my opinion (has a habit of being wrong, friggin opinion). Left is weekly and right is daily
                          Attached Files

Comment

One of my main charts is the 10 minute S&P cash . I use the cash index to weed out noise from ES. See how Thursday goes, looks like a good size dip coming.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by theplumber
                              Interesting the weekly and daily charts conflict. I've posted the weekly before and it hit the bottom Aug 14 but the daily had a rise and then flush in Sept. The cycles look compelling for both time frames and all models, don't want to inject any of my opinion (has a habit of being wrong, friggin opinion). Left is weekly and right is daily
                              I wonder what astro says? Dont know much about astro at this point, just curious what the experienced traders think...

Comment

astro forecasts

Ok, I'm just beginning to have an interest in astro. Found these links:
                                http://www.alphee.com/Forecast_Terri...r_forecast.htm

http://www.alphee.com/modules/Subjec...ummer_2004.htm

Anybody using Air software and recommend it?
                                Theplumber, what's your opinion on Bill Meridian's book; is it helpful?

Anybody else using the Cyclepack? I'm still waiting for the monthly subscription. esignal said 7.7 should be out by next week. we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X