Trading the markets with Jerry Olson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading the markets with Jerry Olson

Hello everyone my name is Jerry Olson i've been trading the markets for 25 years..I was a Qcharts user and after a few years of constant torture i decided enough was enough. I ordered Esignal and have never been so happy in my trading life<g>

I am going to start this thread with my technical trading ideas using the tools from Esignal and my daytrading tactics that are proven over time. I trade the markets daily using technicals only, no darts no guess work. Pure chartist all the way.

For longer time frames i use Point & Figure ala Tom Dorsey and have become an expert in that TA. Works very well in trending markets. I'll begin very soon to alert "all" Esignal people on my thoughts on where this market is headed on down the road.

Anyway i am going to begin over time posting char set ups i use for taking trades intraday. Hope we can have a solid discussion when ever you can drop by.

best regards Jerry, here's my web site

[http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com[/URL]
    Last edited by jerryo; 03-22-2004, 09:53 AM.
    jerry olson
    www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com
    [email protected]

Hi Jerry,

I remember reading your profile in Active Trader many moons ago. Let me be the first to welcome you to the eSignal Bulletin Boards. Looking forward to your thoughts and contributions.

Comment

Thanks Duane appreciate it...

I hope i can help traders and investors chart the currents of this market as we move though the year.
      I wanted to mention right here and now that all of my Point & Figure INdicators are negative in columes of O's and pointing down.

However they are "ALL" deeply short term oversold. Within 1-2 day i am looking for a major counter trend rally up to start into earnnigs season that should move us back into a more neutral area of the charts. We are currently at the bottom of the 10 week trading band here which equates to 100% oversold on the charts.

I suspect it will look like a "backside bounce" play. I suggest to all Esignal traders, the semiconductors have sold off the most during this correction and will rebound the fastest. Try trading the SMH this is an ETF for the sector and it plays the whole group for you.

I'll be posting charts here when i learn how to do all the necessary things to show you what i'm talking about...

good luck all

best regards

jerry
      jerry olson
      [email protected]

Comment

Jerry --

Hope you don't mind stray comments in your thread!

I look forward to your posts! And, please feel free to spread comments around. I started a 'poll' in the Advanced Get group on the QQQ direction (target price for following Friday close). I'm going to maintain that each Friday night / start a new poll for the next week.

I'd welcome your comments -- especially your outlook on SEMI's! And, I look forward to learning some P&F charting.

Thanks!

-c

Comment

Hi Soylent

all are welcome to make comments on this board on any subject that provkes an honest disscussion.

The QQQ's are a Echange Traded Fund(ETF) they track the Nasdaq 100. They can be shorted without an up tick as well.

What with the NDX index in a column of O's on Point & Figure and moving lower, and the Bullish Percent of that index at 37% near very low numbers on the chart, i would suspect after a short burst up off these oversold levels to maybe 37 ish..This index will roll over again and move much lower into the fall.

Right now the QQQ's are deeply oversold at the bottom of the 10 week trading band, and the NDX is at the long term support on the 200 ema. I would look for a bounce for sure after maybe one more flush down in the overll market...

So into April earnings season and up into May time frame a run back up to 37 is my target...

regards

jerry
          jerry olson
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi everyone

i wanted to mention we have broken out on both the NQ's and S&P's futures at 1104 es, and 1400 nq...

important trend chage if we can hold any retest in the next week ahead of the employment number next Friday..

i do not expect the earnings season usual run up to be as robust as normal..But the semis will lead this rally up as they lead this decline.

I HAVE POSTED THE CHART ON FILE SHARING TO SEE THE ES M4 15 MINUTE CHART OF TODAY REAL TIME...
            Last edited by jerryo; 03-25-2004, 10:19 AM.
            jerry olson
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I wasn't sure if you wanted to share your image via
              File Share with the forums. If you did, you may want to see how to publish an image so that everyone can see the image within the post itself. Thanks.

Comment

yes i would love to share all my charts with everyone...

i posted it under my file share? is there a better way???
                jerry olson
                [email protected]

Comment

Tnanks Duane i got it<G> now let's see if i can test it...

i am no computer nerd<G>
                  jerry olson
                  [email protected]

Comment

Your half way there. Once the file has been uploaded to file share, you can include it in the post by choosing the "IMG" button at the top of the text window. Just enter the url of the image in fileshare to the Explorer User Prompt. The image will then be included in the post for all to see.

Step 1

Step 2

Comment

duane

i tried to open the snapshot anbd that worked a red cross hair was present..but that next window did not open the capture window? with the finder tool?

whew this is tougher than scalp trading<G>
                      jerry olson
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hey everyone the chart is under this thread name in file sharing..i see it there?...hahahaha

oh man i need a lot of help...
                        jerry olson
                        [email protected]

Comment

need help, no nerd?&lt;g&gt;

That looks aweful like a QC chart?<g>

Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.

~j

Comment

Jeff
                            Can't be...there are no "holes" in the chart <VBG>
                            Alex

Comment

lol HAHAHAHAH..name is Jer

Alex...what gaps>..................

ok 3.00pm reversal let's see what they want to do this afternoon...
                              jerry olson
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X