Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE is lagging by a solid 12 points as well.

Comment

• Scott,

This is in reply to your earlier post which is in parenthesis.

Scott wrote:

(We have never provided anything less than 100% honesty in our responses about the European transition. We've acknowledged on numerous occasions that these changes have not gone nearly as smooth as we anticipated and that we could not provide a definitive date when we could be absolutely sure these lags were behind us.)

Not being able to give us a time frame AFTER 3 months is just totally unacceptable. It is simply an "irresponsible" cop out. It shows you are refusing to take responsibility and therefore take the attitude "I don't know when it will be fixed". Just imagine you have engaged an outside vendor to write software for you and there are bugs in the software. The outside vendor then tells you I will do my best to fix the bugs but I don't know when it can be fixed. Therefore don't blame me if I cannot fix them on time. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? You would kick the vendor up the butt! This is exactly how I feel!

(We have implemented dozens of small changes in our network configuration and for the most part, have been able to stabilize the feed compared to the first few weeks of January.)

Stabilizing is NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Either it is reliable or it is not. Try trading in a "stabilizing" environment! Try trading it with YOUR OWN MONEY! TRY IT!!

(We still suffer sporadic lags and outages though and unfortunately, the source of those issues have varied. I am awaiting word on what exactly happened today and what our next series of changes will be. Once I have that information, I'll update this board and our Service Bulletin.)

Same old tired excuses!!!!

(I also want to reiterate that our Senior Management is well aware of the problems related to this transition. We understand the negative impact these performance issues have had on our customers and, as a result, all our key resources are dedicated to trying to solve these problems once and for all.)

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO TRADE WITH UNRELIABLE QUOTES. I will keep sending your CEO notices until this is fixed!

Thank you.

Phil

Comment

• Hi All,

You are indeed correct, the data is delayed right now. We are working to reslove this issue and for updates please visit the below web site.

Thank you,

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/bulletins/sys_status1.asp
        Graeme Ballard,
        eSignal Support

Comment

• Again! Eurex and Xetra are lagging.

Comment

• dax feed

14 points out!!!! Ridiculous. If it carrries on I shall consider not using esignal.
            You can't trade like this!
            The brokerage firms don't seem to have this problem so I know it just comes down to spending the money on the resources.

Comment

• Graeme,

Isn't it a good idea to roll back to the 3rd party supplier you were using before the 1st of January. I know we had complaints about them too, but I can't remember it was as bad as it is right now.

This would give you the opportunity to side run the new system and test it thoroughly (which should be the appropriate way of implementing a new system anyway.....).

Also, please let us know more than 'we are working on it'. Really, I believe that you guys do. Just, when we're sitting in the cold and getting frustrated, we need more info in order to cope with this: more info on causes, timetables on fixes etcetera.

Thanks,

Edo.

Comment

• hi Graeme

there is a wrong tick on Mi A0-Ma

TIA
                paissa
                Attached Files

Comment

• RE: Reply to post 'Important Notice regarding European Futures'

All the ticks are WRONG in the DAX LAGGING is back again!

-----Original Message-----
                  Sent: donderdag 20 maart 2003 9:09
                  To: [email protected]
                  Subject: Reply to post 'Important Notice regarding European Futures'

Hello bmpeters,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• We did experienced some delays a few minutes ago, and now the data is back to normal.

Comment

• Hi bmpeters,

I have had a look at this and you are correct there was an issue at around 09:00 this has now been corrected and the data is on time.

Thanks,
                      Graeme Ballard,
                      eSignal Support

Comment

• Hi bmpeters,

I have had a look at this and you are correct there was an issue at around 09:00 this has now been corrected and the data is on time.

Thanks,
                        Graeme Ballard,
                        eSignal Support

Comment

• Hi Paissa,

I am trying to fix these ticks now. I will let you know soon when it is fixed.

Thanks
                          Graeme Ballard,
                          eSignal Support

Comment

• thanks Graeme

Comment

• Hi Paissa,

I have now fixed the bad ticks for yesterday and the day before.
                              Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
                              Graeme Ballard,
                              eSignal Support

Comment

• RE: Reply to post 'Important Notice regarding European Futures'

Maybe is it a nice gesture to refunf the region fee?

-----Original Message-----
                                From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
                                Sent: donderdag 20 maart 2003 16:41
                                To: [email protected]
                                Subject: Reply to post 'Important Notice regarding European Futures'

Hello bmpeters,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X