X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting astro cycle stuff for Friday
    Attached Files

Comment

• Another great resource for info (as well as actual trading pros and hedge fund managers) is here https://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/lo...sertedmbp=true with Doug Kass giving his predictions for 2005. Double digit losses for S&P and Naz (I have cycles pointing up into the first quarter 05 then down hard into year end) , a major attack in England involving the water supply, global recession due to stagflation. Last year at this time he gave his thoughts for 04 and told of a huge run in the oil market, a bottom in the fall for the DOW. Once 1250 or so is hit early next year (and the 3 peaks and a domed house almost complete) then 990 is the target.

Interesting chart below, on the left is a 10 minute (hit almost exact today) and the 30 minute forecast for the week. Lets see how it turns out for the rest of the week.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Link not working

Plumber can you post the link again or the text please.

Comment

• Re: Link not working

Originally posted by IbEmE
          Plumber can you post the link again or the text please.
          The link works https://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/lo...i%2Findex.html you have to be a paying member to get the exact text. Sign up and you can read for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber

On a trading note, the statistical odds of a positive month was/is huge, but a retrace of all the gains Dec 1 is VERY possible, ,maybe starting Friday. This has been a good pattern for December, new high ,after new high in November, the first few days then retrace (or even go negative for the month) then finish higher by a few percent. As always not advice.
            Love it when a plan comes together ,who says you can't trade a good astro signiture. An interesting article http://www.ameinfo.com/cgi-bin/cms/p...45642.html&d=1 and some observations to some simple tape reading below.
            Attached Files

Comment

• From the Boston Herald.com ~ Economic `Armageddon' predicted.
              Stephen Roach, the chief economist at investment banking giant Morgan Stanley.
              Here's the link
              http://business.bostonherald.com/bus...rticleid=55356

Comment

• Just looking at the 30 minute forecast, look on the right at an anchor point of the first completed bar Monday morning. Looks like the gap down somewhat changed the cycles. Lets see how it goes the rest of the week
                Attached Files

Comment

• A sad day here in Texas http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...t/obit_dimebag RIP my friend

Today was a day the price action and cycles matched once again. Interesting how the DOW weekly forecast has been so correct the past month, so I put it in this screenshot
                  Attached Files

Comment

• life

life can be very sad plumber indeed

Comment

• Hindsight is 20/20. This is a 10 minute time frame for the past week anchored from the close 12/03/2004. As I was trading this week I kept saying to myself how the cycles don't match like they should. Looking back I see they didn't do such a bad job.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Very interesting candles on that chart. They seem to not only show time but volume too. I've requested equivolume bars many times in the past but it seems that request has fallen on deaf ears. I am aware of an efs that tries to mimic them but the result doesn't work for me. Would you mind sharing some details about those candles Plumber?

Comment

• Originally posted by brianb
                          Very interesting candles on that chart. They seem to not only show time but volume too. I've requested equivolume bars many times in the past but it seems that request has fallen on deaf ears. I am aware of an efs that tries to mimic them but the result doesn't work for me. Would you mind sharing some details about those candles Plumber?
                          It's this Esignal partner http://www.galacticinvestor.com/ .
                          I have had this software for a few years now and still don't find the volumetric candles of much use trading ES. Stocks, maybe another story but I don't trade stocks so my opinion may be irrelevant. What I find is the information within the candles more worthy to trade with, so I use MarketDelta for this purpose. The screenshot below shows on the left an identical 5 minute time frame of todays trading, on top the volumetric candles and bottom is the MarketDelta color coded boxes. Strong selling and buying can be seen with both. BUT on the right you see what I find as more important. This is a point and figure 4 box reversal with the bid/ask info showing todays retest of the days lows and rise after. This information within the candles (or box) is to me much more telling of a good long. 10 ES point long? No, but it got me long just the same and I tried to let it ride. Anyways just my 2 cents.

One edit,the times don't match on the 2 chart packages. One is CST and the other is EST, but the comparison is correct.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by theplumber; 12-13-2004, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info and yes volumetric/equivolume is more useful when applied to stocks vs the ES. Since I also trade stocks I would have a use for this way of viewing volume and price, especially on longer term bars. MarketDelta is fantastic for drilling down though the bars to sort the trades at bids and asks and I do wish I could use it. Unfortunately that program just renders my trading box useless for anything else when it's running. It's a damn shame and I wish the developers would address this issue. Their suggested solution was that I buy another eSignal subscription, another computer+monitor and have it dedicated to MD. That's ridiculous. I know I'm not the only one who has brought this to their attention.

Comment

• One other good thing about the Galactic software besides the volumetric candles is their link into/out of excel. Any models you make with excel you can put on their chart package as a study. For this reason they don't have a programming language but most of my models are statistical in nature anyways. Below is an example of an old but still good statistical seasonal pattern that can be linked as a study from excel into Galactic. The link is here http://www.galacticinvestor.com/HELP40/default.htm
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Been playing with both the projector and XT intraday 24 hour/10 minute time frame. Always liked Fed day, lets see how the cycles play out.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by theplumber; 12-14-2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X