No announcement yet.

Fibo & Geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Peaks story remembered me of Wolfe Wave. The 1-4 line gives the target. I forgot about it as the first move down went past the line.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by digilume
      PS there used to be MS Dos Quickbasic ability in every MS operating system installation. Any idea where that can be found now? There are loads of MS quickbasic code sources for Numerical Methods and Fractals like the one to the left
      G
      Seems not good enough for newer computers. Just copy QBASIC.EXE and QBASIC.HLP from another computer into WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory and you can play again.

Comment

• Too bad Wolfe Wave never caught on, has some interesting properties. Wave59 has a pattern generator that can spot it intraday in an automated fashion. If I had the time I would run a stat study to success/failure, first glance though looks promising.

Tuesday and Wednesday look promising as well, the unwinding of long weekend hedging maybe. I would rather be generally right and precisely wrong than generally wrong and precisely right. I think that's called trading.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Don't know about other traders here but periods of sideways volatilty like this year has been great for me. Buy low, sell high. Still think it will take a break on the downside to spur an up move out of congestion.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Plumber

Hi Plumber
            Thanks for the great posts, I was wondering if you could help me out. I have two questions, the first is on 7-1-2004 you posted a chart showing the ADV and DECL in one chart one in green and one in red. Did you get an EFS of the $Decl and then move it on the $ADV chart to show both studies? If it is an EFS can I get it. Next question, is it possible to get a copy of your 2symMA EFS.
            Thank you for any help you might give.
            Mark

Comment

• Re: Plumber

Originally posted by its1111
              Hi Plumber
              Thanks for the great posts, I was wondering if you could help me out. I have two questions, the first is on 7-1-2004 you posted a chart showing the ADV and DECL in one chart one in green and one in red. Did you get an EFS of the $Decl and then move it on the $ADV chart to show both studies? If it is an EFS can I get it. Next question, is it possible to get a copy of your 2symMA EFS.
              Thank you for any help you might give.
              Mark

This is the code, can't find the url I got it from, for 2SymMA
              /**********************************
              Alexis C. Montenegro ® January 2003
              ***********************************/

function preMain() {
              setStudyTitle("2SymMA");
              setCursorLabelName("Sym1", 0);
              setCursorLabelName("Sym2", 1);
              setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 0);
              setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 1);
              setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.lime, 0);
              setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 1);

var fp1 = new FunctionParameter("Sym1", FunctionParameter.STRING);
              fp1.setName("Symbol1");
              fp1.setDefault("$UVOL");

var fp2 = new FunctionParameter("Sym2", FunctionParameter.STRING);
              fp2.setName("Symbol2");
              fp2.setDefault("$DVOL");

var fp3 = new FunctionParameter("Length", FunctionParameter.NUMBER);
              fp3.setName("Length");
              fp3.setDefault(9);

}

var aValue = null;
              var bValue = null;

function main(Sym1, Sym2, Length) {

var i=0;
              var j=0;

var vPlot1 = close(0,Sym1);
              var vPlot2 = close(0,Sym2);

if (aValue == null||bValue==null) {
              aValue = new Array(Length);
              bValue = new Array(Length);
              }
              if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
              aValue.pop();
              aValue.unshift(vPlot1);
              bValue.pop();
              bValue.unshift(vPlot2)
              } else {
              aValue[0] = vPlot1;
              bValue[0] = vPlot2;
              }

var nSum1 = 0;
              for (i = 0; i < Length; ++i) {
              nSum1 += aValue[i];
              }
              var vSMA1 = nSum1/Length;

var nSum2 = 0;
              for (j = 0; j < Length; ++j) {
              nSum2 += bValue[j];
              }
              var vSMA2 = nSum2/Length;

return new Array( vSMA1,vSMA2);

}

and the chart in question ,you can 2 symbols on a chart at the same time. In fact you can have multiple symbols. I just activate the chart I want the multiple symbol on by mouse clicking it and then enter the symbol in the box that pops up, which looks like this one.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Plumber

Hi Plumber

Thanks for your help. I swear i pride myself on knowing E-signal well and for some reason I just had a brain fade there about adding the multiple symbols. Sometimes things so simple, geeeez))))
                I am not sure about programing, but maybe I will bug Alex for the efs. on the 2symma.
                Again thanks for all your posts, it helps and there are a lot of people whom appreciate it.
                Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber
                  Too bad Wolfe Wave never caught on, has some interesting properties. Wave59 has a pattern generator that can spot it intraday in an automated fashion. If I had the time I would run a stat study to success/failure, first glance though looks promising.

Tuesday and Wednesday look promising as well, the unwinding of long weekend hedging maybe. I would rather be generally right and precisely wrong than generally wrong and precisely right. I think that's called trading.
                  The wonderful world of cycles. If they aren't significant turn cycles then they sometimes invert for periods of time. This is the same exact chart but with the inverted cycle and the same 164 doesn't hit the high but instead the low of the day, as well as a 5 price cycle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tape reading rules; ORB (everyone uses their own version , mine is the most simplistic kind) , and pure tape reading. The writing was on the wall @ 10:07 CST , they just slammed the bid and broke support. In this case, but not always, dealers just stepped away.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Just flipping through some charts. The gap will be filled (the white horizontal lines) and I have a pivot 12:30-13:30 CST Tuesday. A major pivot on the 14th and looks like a higher low than the one in May.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber
                        Just flipping through some charts. The gap will be filled (the white horizontal lines) and I have a pivot 12:30-13:30 CST Tuesday. A major pivot on the 14th and looks like a higher low than the one in May.
                        That should have read Wednesday, since I posted the chart Tuesday night.

Comment

• Some interesting chart patterns. When the cycle model is purple it is the projected future path and the grey vertical line is the update level, so it wasn't updated today (takes alot of discipline on my part NOT to mess with it during the trading day). Nice to see a cycle low at the lowest tick of the day, high $decl reading of the day. On the XT projector I overlayed a stochastic and every pivot hits within an acceptable trading opportunity. Another range day, better get used to it. Sentimenttrader.com attributes this to program trading, he has some nice proof of it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Guess I ran everyone off? Futes down 5 and change? Panic cycle doing it's thing.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• > Guess I ran everyone off?

Nah -- still out here.

> Sentimenttrader.com attributes this to program trading, he has some nice proof of it.

It's amazing to look @ the range on NQ over the last 2 years. The daily movement has averaged less and less to the point it's difficult to bother trading. I don't really follow ES but, a quick glance and it looks similar. I have no doubt it's program trading & tied to the derivatives market. (NOTE: 9 MONTHS we have been in a 200pt trading range vs. 4 days to move 200pts in 2002)

The occasional nice move on NQ is eaten 50% by the opening gap in the direction making the risk/reward dubious.

The only good thing about all this: NQ is pretty well behaved around it's intraday double-top/double-bottom reversals. (i.e. No Follow through rallying) so you can short the second top / follow the market profile to profits... (i.e., i.e.: I'm starting to like the range days because they're predictable and I don't get a 'big win' that makes me think I'm invincible and do something dumb).

But, I've all but abandoned NQ until it can get directional again.

On the + side, individual stocks are trading quite well! And, when you've been flogged enough by the futures, these stocks seem like a breath of fresh air! Nice retracements that really continue and meet target, nice wave setups, etc...

Keep posting Plumber! I have no idea what your charts say but I'm convinced through some osmosis, I may pick something up.

-c

Comment

• 1:1 Daily

Well the 1:1 line from the May 12 low has gone on a closing basis now. If that is not regained in a few days that is bearish.
                                G
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X