Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There we go again......Dax Future is delayed !!!!! (after US Open)

Comment

• Hi pwhchu, redsnapper and BWANA MZEE,

You are all correct, the delays hit at US market open. They are then usually delayed for a couple of minutes before returning to normal.
      This happens every half an hour or so. In between this time the information is reliable and correct.
      We know what the issues are and can assure you our engineers are working very hard to fix them.

Thanks,
      Graeme Ballard,
      eSignal Support

Comment

• Eurex

I am sorry but I have heard this assurance for over 3 weeks now.

I can give you benefit of the doubt the first few times but the "assurance" is getting really thin.

Talk is cheap, especially compared to the losses I have sustained due to Dead Signa's faulty data.

Dead Signal, Dead Signal, Dead Signal, Dead Signal...............................
        Philip Chu

Comment

• Just to keep track of these things.

DAX at h3-dt traded to 2676 and is now at 2666

my feed gives the current price as unchanged since the number came out. : 2671

PS: price of 2645 occured at 15:06. Still haven't seen that price publish. on eSignal
          Last edited by gareth_leachman; 01-28-2003, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Eurex

Eurex data dead again. I am sorry, are we supposed to stop trading every half hour? What if we are trying to get out or into a trade during the half hour mark?

Most market moving economic figures are released at the half hour mark.

What's your assurance now.

I am mad as hell at you guys.

Dead Signal Dead Signal Dead Signal Dead Signal......................
            Philip Chu

Comment

• Sorry for you, but if this won`t be fixed, I`m leaving on Monday...

Comment

• US Govt freeze eSignal into Dead Signal

Whenever US Govt stats are released at 8:30 and 10:00 am NYSE time eSignal turns into Dead Signal. Truly amazing. What is obvious to me is that your bandwith reaches its limits very quickly and the Eurex and other non-US markets are delagated to low priority. eSignal must preserve their bread and butter cash cow US subscribers.

Graeme, you may not be able to fix the problem without a major upgrade. Cogent Communications is selling 100 Mbps fiber optic connections for only $1000 per month. Look into it.

http://www.cogentco.com/Fast/elegant_proposition.html

Give us traders a break here. Totally unacceptable.

Please advise us as to what todays excuse is when the the 10 am reports were released.

Comment

• Dead Signal

It's no use guys, the Dead Signal people just think we are powerless to do anything.

I have had 8 losing trades in the past week due to Dead Signal's faulty data.

I will be posting a warning to the trading forum I belong to spread the word about Dead Signa's BAD REPURATION.

I suggest all of you do the same thing as this is the ONLY way that will put the heat on them.

Tell the truth and warn other prospective customers not to come even close to Dead Signal.

SREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Philip Chu

Comment

• We certainly don't think are customers are powerless. They make a choice to stay or leave every month, if not everyday.

Once we have a complete post-mortem of today's issues, we will post them here. I wish I could say or promise more but in the end, the only thing that matters is that the feed works as it should. That remains our #1 priority.

Thanks.

Comment

• Re: Reply to post 'Important Notice regarding European Futures'

Hello forumpost,
                      Why can't you just go back to 3rd party system [there were NEVER
                      anything close to what is happening now] until you can figure out how
                      to make your 'current' data feed connection reliable.

Tuesday, January 28, 2003, 10:34:48 AM, you wrote:

ffec> Hello HalTwo,

ffec> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ffec>

Comment

• wow, usually i don´t do post in bad mood...

i am just testing this month potential new datafeeds... this was a amazing experience. i wanted to save money, guess what: sometimes saving money costs you real big times more...

esignal software seems nice, feedquality for eurex etc is worst i´ve ever seen... if they don´t change this, we are all gone

someone mentioned cqg, right! the are 3 times more expensive, but

feed is stable and fast
                        services email get answered in minutes (i am still awaiting for esignal for an emailanswer 3 days ago...)

if i would have had to rely on esignal last few days i would have had serious trouble...

so guess what will happen soon...
                        cd

Comment

• There was the question of buying the correct data from another provider and flushing your data.

I use bollinger bands for trading signals, and I reckon with a 20 period average, on a 2 minute graph with 30 minutes of incorrect data plus the 40 minutes for the incorrect data to filter out of the bands, I can't trade for 1.5 hours after a number comes out.

If I use a 30 minute graph then obviously I worry about what trading singnal I am seeing in my bands...

How long has the historic data been incorrect? Long enough to assume that non of my studies using averages will be correct? If I extrapolate backwards I could almost assume since expiration of the December contract.

Will you be clearing your database and providing accurate information?

Initial post: 28 Jan
                          Awaiting response: 29 Jan
                          Responded on:
                          Last edited by gareth_leachman; 01-29-2003, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Lags hurt more than no data

Dear Scott,

I appreciate that changes are made and engineers are working on the issue. I also appreciate that I can notice mistakes and delays being corrected afterwards. I feel that this forum does make a change to the quality of data, and posts of people quitting esignal or cursing does not help.

Nonetheless, it would help to learn WHY these same things (lags around US open and no cash data in the morning) reoccur almost every day. How long will your engineers need? Would it be possible to stop the feed instead of delays or prompt delays in the system to avoid trades on the wrong data?

It is very easy for me to switch the underlying quotes for my options pricer to a different source (i.e. Interactive Brokers), but if I take the data as correct I might trade aggressively on a lousy price. Ouch.

Comment

• wrong tick

there is a wrong tick on Mi A0-MA on close
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Re: wrong tick

Originally posted by paissa
                                there is a wrong tick on Mi A0-MA on close
                                Hi Paissa,

That should be fixed now. Let me know if you still see it.

Regards,
                                Andy S.
                                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                                X