No announcement yet.

Trading eminis with cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW I'm taking half a long swing position now and will be longer if the market dives into the close. Oct 25-26 a major cycle swing date. Will be out of town so can't explain the details. Not advice, just sharing a major cycle date Monday.
    Attached Files

Comment

• A huge breakthrough on my part, I'm finding huge success with P&F style when using the cycles. Here is the whole of last weeks forecast (in purple) with the anchor line 10/17/2004 . If anyone trades intraday try using 1 minute P&F and swing try 30 or 60 minute time frame, some amazing results.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber
        FWIW I'm taking half a long swing position now and will be longer if the market dives into the close. Oct 25-26 a major cycle swing date. Will be out of town so can't explain the details. Not advice, just sharing a major cycle date Monday.

Cycle, cycles, everywhere cycles. Took half profits after sweating it out with full position average @1094. I have a stop on the rest @ 1100, keeping it tight.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cycle, cycles, everywhere cycles. Took half profits after sweating it out with full position average @1094. I have a stop on the rest @ 1100, keeping it tight.
          Putting stop @ 1120, didn't some say astro doesn't work here?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Putting stop @ 1120, didn't some say astro doesn't work here?

Sold the rest @1130. I expect some weakness that stats show a history of running up into the Prez election and sold off after.

Comment

• nicely done! ~+36pts...hoping that was a 100 lot.
                Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by michaelm
                  nicely done! ~+36pts...hoping that was a 100 lot.
                  My trade management style is to exit half on the confirmation of being right (sold 50 @ 1110) and the other half was a function of a trailing stop, until time was up or price objective met (either or). There are periods of time when the markets become self fulfilling prophesies so with the coming election and cycles hitting it was (in my opinion) a low risk trade. Add in the RedSox win and life doesn't get any better than this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Some interesting astro cycles hitting soon. Interesting how these signatures hit on important Gov numbers dates, but if you see the past when they've hit maybe the turning of the markets is a function of the signatures and not the numbers themselves. The ability to predict the market years in advance? Can't be, the markets are random. At least this is what the consensus says, you know like there is no inflation, the economy is smoking, and according to the BLS on Oct 22 (CPI numbers) gasoline prices were down 7% for Q3 but futures were up 14%, and Greenspan says the CPI overstates inflation (oh and don't worry until oil gets to $81 per barrel). Nov 4, Nov 5 and a big date Nov 8. Put this into trade context, very volatile 3 days to trade.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Here's how I use the cycles to accurately trade the day for ES. The left is 24 hour and the right is trading hours. They both showed similar patterns to the coming cycles , even the regular trading hours 256 and 512 data windows which is huge for me as I use increased size when I see all models about the same.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• astro cycles

Thank you for your very interesting charts.
                        With your post on astro cycles, do you expect the market to hit the marks on your graph or is it only a way of putting out the dates.

Comment

• Re: astro cycles

Originally posted by tolstoy
                          Thank you for your very interesting charts.
                          With your post on astro cycles, do you expect the market to hit the marks on your graph or is it only a way of putting out the dates.
                          The symbols on the chart are not representative of price, just the date. If astro interests anyone they may want to read anything by this person http://www.profitableforecasting.com/

Comment

• Just an observation. A while back I stated a major cycle Nov 16-17 and last week showed some smaller astro cycles Nov 4-7. What I look for is multiple cycle analysis to confirm each other and they do with Nov 15-16. This same cycle work indicated the years low late August/early Sept and also indicates a high Nov 15-16 time frame. Should be interesting as it approaches. If this time frame is a low instead then S&P 1200 by year end is reasonable, if it's a low then 990 by Jan 2005 is the target.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just an observation. A while back I stated a major cycle Nov 16-17 and last week showed some smaller astro cycles Nov 4-7. What I look for is multiple cycle analysis to confirm each other and they do with Nov 15-16. This same cycle work indicated the years low late August/early Sept and also indicates a high Nov 15-16 time frame. Should be interesting as it approaches. If this time frame is a low instead then S&P 1200 by year end is reasonable, if it's a low then 990 by Jan 2005 is the target.
                              Meant to say if it's a high then 990 by Jan 2005 is a possibility

Comment

Just an observation. A while back I stated a major cycle Nov 16-17 and last week showed some smaller astro cycles Nov 4-7. What I look for is multiple cycle analysis to confirm each other and they do with Nov 15-16. This same cycle work indicated the years low late August/early Sept and also indicates a high Nov 15-16 time frame. Should be interesting as it approaches. If this time frame is a low instead then S&P 1200 by year end is reasonable, if it's a low then 990 by Jan 2005 is the target.
                                theplumber,
                                Thanks for the repeating aspect configuration highlight!

Comment

Working...
                                X