Clear All

• Let the shorting begin!

Fibbgann
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber
        I always like to backtest my work to make sure it's not some one time thing and can actually forecast based on happening sometime in the past. Unfortunatly I can't find the paper one like this that I did that projected from 1995 to 98 with the 3-D square up instead of down. It showed that when root-3 was violated, that zone between root-2 and root-3 was very important because March 2000 high hit the root-2 and then almost crashed for 2 months, never to see 1552 again. I don't think this market will crash but a severe correction "could" happen at any time in the zone it is in now. Keep tight stops and don't buy corrections blindly.
        Attached Files

Comment

• 3 D Box

Hi,
          Could you elaborate on this 3 D Box concept? It's a new one on me

G
          Buy the dips sell the rallies

Comment

• Re: 3 D Box

the only way to forecast into the future ,in my opinion, using geometry is to make a 3D square. Of course the offset has to be correct (with bias unfortunately) but what I've found is it acts as a strange attractor/repeller sort of way for bubble runs. So this concept will work in every market since the Fed took the US off the gold standard. This is the first chart and the circles are the guide for the squares.

Originally posted by Garym
            Hi,
            Could you elaborate on this 3 D Box concept? It's a new one on me

G
            Attached Files

Comment

• Instead of going up to 1163 it went to 1121 after getting stuck 1.5 points away from 1157.
              The last 2 hours bulls and bears battled around 1141. Looking at the 144 min chart it is likely the beares are are going to win.
              Using Gann trend line (1 bar higher high and higher low - see top left window) current action seems the 4th wave (up) of a larger wave down so the brick wall of the current retrace action is at 1144
              Attached Files

Comment

• Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• General Patton's speech in London . Adressed in 1944 to 6th army.

The MP3 is too big to be posted: is fantastic.

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans, love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers ... Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The biggest bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating. Now we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know ... My God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, What did you do in the great World War Two? You won't have to say, Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana. Alright now, you sons of bitches, you know how I feel. I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

General George S. Patton, Jr.

This speech is for everyone in all countries. Patton's must win attitude is timeless. That must win attitude is an absolute prerequisite for trading success or any life success for that matter
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• After Marc presented his latest views on de DowIndu in the thread http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=4650
                    I toyed around with the Gann square to see if 5 digits are workable. Using the standard Gannwheel would be a pain because ATH is in the 54th circle of the wheel and even a start from the high still requires 28 circles.

To get the most important numbers from Marcs outlook in a displayable wheel I modified the sheet to have the relevant circles visible.

According my data ATH is 11750; the low 7197; B wave ends at 11350; iv and i are at 9076 and 9043 resp and ii is at 10673.
                    Deviation better then 0.1%.

The most recent high was within 5 points of 10710
                    Attached Files

Comment

• As it currently goes 10705 Dow is not going to hold. What about 10758 (see previous post), or is that too optimistic?
                      10758 is a 78% fibo retrace of the complete down wave. It fits the Gann square. 7194 would be Elliot Wave A, 10758 the B.
                      According Neely 78% is corrective so down goes wave C to 7000 and lower. Would fit the large triangle as anticipated by Prechter.
                      The kondratieff winter has just begun so a Dow above 12000 with an ATH deficit and still growing I find difficult to believe.
                      SP 1163 and 1175 coming up.

Gee, this thing goes faster then I type
                      Last edited by tedk; 02-11-2004, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• fabrizio,

Thank you for the Patton speech. It's been a while since I have heard it. It was a good time for me after taking hits the past week. Persistence!

Great trading to you!
                        Cheers!

Matt

Comment

• patton speech

Fabrizio --

Thanks for the speech -- here's a link to an MP3 of it...

www.turtletrader.com/speech.mp3

Comment

• I'm Glad you liked

Sometimes is important to remember what a great country and people you are , folks.
                            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Interesting combination coming up this weekend. Price and Time from both the lows.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tedk; 03-04-2004, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Part II
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X