Fibo & Geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES Levels question

Hi: I have a question for the Plumber. I have some levels for the emini for 11/27 on I think they are based on fibonacci or geometric progressions. Please look at them and see if they match up to anything you are doing or you might have an idea about how they are being created.

The levels:
    1090, 1080.90, 1071, 1064.30, 1059.20, 1049.50, 1046.20, 1040.30, 1035.30, 1027.30

Thanks,
    Harndog

Comment

• Re: ES Levels question

Is this a trick question , the kind I'm wrong no matter what I say? Or are you trying to reverse engineer someone else's work? I use 3 time frames, fractal analysis at it's best, to judge all possibilities. Then I refine the 2 bigger down to the 3rd which is intraday only. I then compare the geometry price movements and time zones to astro models to see how everything fits together. If they match then I have a winner, but if not then I factor just trading experience, like the days before and after Thankgiving are positive 70% of the time and reflect on what happened the days prior. So based on this I have limited upside because of Monday-Wednesdays action , the possibility of the 30% happening because both the astro and geometry agree.So if these are your numbers what time frame/length did you use, that will help me pinpoint the future time zones. As always my thinking is time is more important than price. Here's a simple Pyrapoint chart anchored at the low Nov 21 (Nov 24 would have confirmed that as the low) and see the end-of-square that hit Wed 9:50, with the next @ 10:40. There was nothing special about price but time was up on both prior moves and so the end-of-square produced a CIT intraday.

Originally posted by Harndog
      Hi: I have a question for the Plumber. I have some levels for the emini for 11/27 on I think they are based on fibonacci or geometric progressions. Please look at them and see if they match up to anything you are doing or you might have an idea about how they are being created.

The levels:
      1090, 1080.90, 1071, 1064.30, 1059.20, 1049.50, 1046.20, 1040.30, 1035.30, 1027.30

Thanks,
      Harndog
      Attached Files

Comment

• Reverse engineering

Plumber:
        Thanks for the response. I am trying to reverse engineer the data and your projections are very similar.
        The levels are for the day. The 1059 to 1049 levels are the projected daily range. Maybe they are based on the ATR?
        Harndog
        Last edited by Harndog; 11-27-2003, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Re: Reverse engineering

Any chance of saying where you got these numbers from? How accurate have they been in the past? What's ATR? If you meant AIR then you can rule that out because that software only gives times and a model, it does give some prices but they are very bad. This is why I use sqrt's and squares because when backtested over intraday data going back 6 months to one year I've found them better and more accurate than Fibs. Of course not all Fibs are created equal but when only 1.618 or 144 hits above 50% of the time, that limits me to being able to predict future movement. I know some people don't care about future predictions but if you swing trade size as well as daytrade (like I do) then accurate systems are needed.

Plumber:
          Thanks for the response. I am trying to reverse engineer the data and your projections are very similar.
          The levels are for the day. The 1059 to 1049 levels are the projected daily range. Maybe they are based on the ATR?
          Harndog

Comment

• Noticed an error, I posted 12 new york time but the chart said 2 hours after the open. High was 1060.63, off by 1 penny, need to work on that. 2 hours after the open a high, high for day 2 hours and 14 minutes into trading, need to work on that too. S&P cash negative, SPX closed at -.25, so that's OK . updated chart, look at the end of squares for short term CIT's.

Originally posted by theplumber
            Some things for Friday. My time projections point to 12:00 New York time for a high or low but the market closes early so I did a little more stuff. Both the astro and geometry point to a high about 2 hours into trading with a weak close. That high should get to about 1060 and end the day @ 1055. Just doodling, not trading advice.
            Attached Files

Comment

• This is the chart I was looking for, the 7 minute chart updated. As for a top, I believe it will be this week, as early as Monday but have a time window of Dec 3 -11. The reasons why will follow.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Damm, missed too by few cents....

Down Cycle about to start ( there is 2 points loose more )

Indicated the end, considering :

Crossing of DGL
                Retrace at 0.50 0.618
                Time ratio....

Take ALWAYS inn consideration that december has a TRIPLE WITCHING

January (i will release the date later ) starts the cycle up.

Sqrs , Nature, Geometry, Fibo, Degrees, Planets. Thats all for an NON Horthodox approach . If someone has more, please chimes in.....he is more than welcome.
                Attached Files
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Some nice numbers to play with Chris:

All the relevants numbers obtained from Min and Max of the last 3 years , are Harmonic Numbers.

So the next will be Harmonic as well ....
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• I trade just Few American Stocks and no Italian Stocks but just for fun I did the exercise

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Beans but do not forget wheat ( little late) and Cocoa

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Alaways Italian Stock

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• You said "crossing of DGL", did you buy the manual? Found it to be about the same what I do here with pyrapoint and sqrt's extensions/retracements. Basically only fan lines mated with pitchforks.

Originally posted by fabrizio
                          Damm, missed too by few cents....

Down Cycle about to start ( there is 2 points loose more )

Indicated the end, considering :

Crossing of DGL
                          Retrace at 0.50 0.618
                          Time ratio....

Take ALWAYS inn consideration that december has a TRIPLE WITCHING

January (i will release the date later ) starts the cycle up.

Sqrs , Nature, Geometry, Fibo, Degrees, Planets. Thats all for an NON Horthodox approach . If someone has more, please chimes in.....he is more than welcome.
                          Last edited by theplumber; 11-28-2003, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Yes I have the whole bunch

It is "per se" bit more articulated but ineed the basics are always those since we dealing with a WD GANN derivative anlisys, but pretty efficent and powerfull.

The most effective way is - believe it or not- via EXCEL calculation, templates and charting. More time consuming but far more accurate and precise.
                            Last edited by fabrizio; 11-29-2003, 01:08 AM.
                            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Re: ES Levels question

This chart shows pitchfork and fann lines, DGL in a nut shell. Levels are 1071.24, 1063.81, 1060.74,1058.04, 1055.63, 1054., 1049.33 and on down. The chart shows more fan lines than others use but basically the same numbers, for $80 less. But as I always say, time is more important. When's the turn? When's the high? When's the low? Price is a function of time.

The levels:

Thanks,
                              Harndog
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                                X