No announcement yet.

Trading the markets with Jerry Olson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats correct soylent...options are for levergae not for gambling...

on big cap high priced plays this is the best way to trade...

we always suggest several ways to play options..

first do not buy mor contracts then your trading stock..if you trade 500 shares of stock buy 5 calls or puts..do not go out and buy 30...

then if you get a quick double you can either sell 1/2 and get all your investment out, and hold the other half, or sell the whole position...

options give you options...
    jerry olson
    www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com
    [email protected]

Comment

• Re: Re: ntes

Originally posted by jerryo
      ===============================================

Soylent hi there

i think you can use the 10 am highs for your trades rather than waiting for the 10.30 time frame..draw lines at the 10 am highs and lows and then set alerts...

do the very same thing on your stocks..and you'll make nothing but money as long as you follow the futures too..

good luck...

jerry
      Jerry --

Thanks for that!

I keep messing w/ that rule of 10 - 10:30...

Daytrading is getting so competitive that I find the 10am breakout is being faded more and more.

I absolutely agree w/ your statement, though. I really should test it more thoroughly.

When you say 'w/ the futures'. You mean: Stock breaks 10am and futures above 10am, too'. So, you're looking for a trend-up on futures w/ the stocks?

Thanks Jerry,

-c

Comment

• soylent

yes we watch the es m4 all day long looking for divergences in the cci, volume spikes, s & r areas etc..but if the futures breaks a 10 am high and so does your stock i would be long that trade...
        jerry olson
        [email protected]

Comment

• OPTION TRADE FOR EXTR

this from my Sunday newsletter "Options Trades"

EXTR---HELD A TRIPLE BOTTOM HERE AT 6.50 3 TIMES SO FAR..IF YOU TAKE IT LONG USE A STOP OF 5 3/4 AND HOLD FOR THE RUN INTO THE 14TH AH...OR BUY THE JUNE 5 CALLS EXJ FA FOR $2.75...RECENT TOP WAS AT 10 BUCKS...SWEET...8.00 IS THE B/O AREA OF AN INVERSE HEAD AND SHOULDERS PATTERN DCC CHART..
          jerry olson
          [email protected]

Comment

• ANYONE HAVING FUN WITH TASR AFTER THEY ANNOUCED ANOTHER SPLIT?
            jerry olson
            [email protected]

Comment

• we are going nuts with tasr right now????
              jerry olson
              [email protected]

Comment

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i took $4.00 out of TASR and left 12 on the table...hahahahahaha
                jerry olson
                [email protected]

Comment

• Where was the premarket update updated?

Not one of your premarket updated stocks were in your trading room. 18-25 plays at least, how do you keep track or the members? You say you are long and holding YHOO, INTC, CNET and "NFLX" and "TINY" are hot but not were called. TASR was mentioned in every room bar none today. Oh well maybe just an off day. Are you still holding YHOO and INTC through earnings?

Do you have a resource page with you holds and buys and sells? Lots of information available on the newsletter but it seems a lot is ignored or just overwhelmed by lots of other plays. Otherwise the room is a good 'background' room. Another good room is #activetrader and I'm not sure if you affiliated with anyone of esignal's teachers (i.e. Ken Calhoun, Ken Wolff etc) Both rooms have an awful lot of opportunities but its not until the end of the session to know which are good and which are just mentioned in passing.

I still enjoy the atmosphere, I just can't seem to capture any actual trading gains. I have another 1 1/2 weeks, maybe I'll catch some kind of strategy.
                  Last edited by buzz1224; 04-06-2004, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Re: Where was the premarket update updated?

Originally posted by buzz1224
                    Not one of your premarket updated stocks were in your trading room. 18-25 plays at least, how do you keep track or the members? You say you are long and holding YHOO, INTC, CNET and "NFLX" and "TINY" are hot but not were called. TASR was mentioned in every room bar none today. Oh well maybe just an off day. Are you still holding YHOO and INTC through earnings?

Do you have a resource page with you holds and buys and sells? Lots of information available on the newsletter but it seems a lot is ignored or just overwhelmed by lots of other plays. Otherwise the room is a good 'background' room. Another good room is #activetrader and I'm not sure if you affiliated with anyone of esignal's teachers (i.e. Ken Calhoun, Ken Wolff etc) Both rooms have an awful lot of opportunities but its not until the end of the session to know which are good and which are just mentioned in passing.

I still enjoy the atmosphere, I just can't seem to capture any actual trading gains. I have another 1 1/2 weeks, maybe I'll catch some kind of strategy.
                    ==============================================

Buzz..did you ever e-mail me your name and e-mail address to mine? how could you get the update if i don;t have your e-mail? send it to [email protected] with your real name...

next all my calls in the room are mostly scalp or daytrades unless i mention otherwise...like ABMD i am long on a swing or position type trade not a scalp...

yes i am long YHOO RIMM CNET INTC FOR SWINGS all of whcih are in my newsletter and updates..also in the banner and on my site in the daily logs...I grabbed TASR after hours at 90.69 for the expected pop this am...

no i am not affiliated with any "other" room. why would i be? i have one of the best group of traders bar none in my room.

now if you have problems duiring the day, just private message me and i.ll be happy to help you or anyone out with all problems...you need to right click on my name and add me as your pal..and let me know what your nickname is please...

have a good one...

jerry
                    jerry olson
                    [email protected]

Comment

• Buzz 1224 try to respond to me in the room or here real time...thanks...

I just sold TASR at 93.60 from 90.69...start of a very solid days pay<g>
                      jerry olson
                      [email protected]

Comment

• IBM OPTION TRADE INTO EARNINGS

Ok i just bought the IBM May 90 calls cost at $4.30 per contract

i will close that trade if IBM breaks 90...
                        jerry olson
                        [email protected]

Comment

• EARNINGS PLAY FOR NEXT WEEK

I am long GTK for the expect ramp up into eps date next thrus pre market i purchased it at 60.18...this is a swing trade..

just bought USHG at 7.43 for a positon type trade..has some TASR implications i've been told...
                          jerry olson
                          [email protected]

Comment

• anyone grab USHG??????????????????????

if so place a hard breakeven stop..and let it roll...you can scalp it too for about 40 cents....nice
                            jerry olson
                            [email protected]

Comment

• futures are weakening here on IRAQ news..be cautious...
                              jerry olson
                              [email protected]

Comment

• the weakness was on a bomb scare at Atlanta airport...now they are rallying...

here's the sndk trade from my Sunday Newletter..

SNDK---NOT SURE IF IT REVERSES HERE 3 BOXXES TO 27 IT COULD BUT I WOULD NOT WAIT...I PROJECT IT TO 35 BY EARNINGS DATE. THE 20 EMA IS AT 28 THO...BUY THE JULY 27.50 CALLS SWQ GY, OR THE JULY 25 CALLS SWQ EG SEE IF YOU CAN GET 100% DOUBLE ON THESE...
                                jerry olson
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X